Sunday, November 18, 2007

Lovely Words

I bet many of you can relate to this card if you are traveling for the Thanksgiving holiday. I myself am not celebrating with family, but am cooking with a good friend who was my cooperating teacher 16 years ago when I was her student teacher.

It is ok. Sometimes the importance of "family" is overrated.

I got an email from someone I purchased some lovely ephemera from on Etsy. If you have not shopped at Etsy, you are missing a fabulous outlet for handmade goods and supplies. She purchases my zine EAT MAN DRINK WATER, and wrote: "HOW HYSTERICAL! Can't wait to see the whole thing! I have just the friend who'll dig this as the perfect little gift. --- Your cards are also fabulous! (*I was a greeting card editor for a major company for many yrs and have seen scores of handmade cards; the tone and execution of yours are beautiful). Glad to meet you here, and thanks for the trade card orders from my shop.

So visit Journey and Landscape as she has some great things for sale!!!! And thanks for the kind, kind words about my cards! It is always nice to hear when someone appreciates my work and says such a wonderful thing. It keeps me creating!

Off to read a magazine and be inspired by others, Patti

1 comment:

Tangled Stitch said...

Yes family can sometimes be overrated. Due to a family illness(hopefully not a serious one just a quarantine one) we were forced to abandon a trip down state for the holiday. But we ended up having a delicious bargain turkey and all the fixins and it was a delightfully quiet day.

Google