Saturday, May 31, 2008

I'm IN!!!

First of all, I am in a horrid mood. Combine hormones with my studio flooding after a heavy thunderstorm for the upteenth time in the past 4 years, and I am fried.

I will don my heavy metal, and get ready to face the engineers and highway department of my city, which can't seem to do anything right. I am one house over from a major road that has drainage problems that dumps the run off water right into the back of my studio, wrecking havoc on my life each time we get a heavy rain fall.

But stress and complaints aside, I got into the Fall for Art show, put on by the Jewish Federation in my city! It is a one night affair, hosted at a local country club, where people come with the sole intent to buy art. How novel is that? The sweet part about it is that the 40% commission from the artists work is donated to a cause.........it is a socially conscious way to be seen and sell art, while giving back at the same time. I am excited and hope to be able to spend a good part of my spring and summer getting ready for the show. (which means making art and framing what I have already done!)

My submissions were a combo of landscape paintings and my mixed media art. The store that I sell to LOVES my quirky mixed media pieces....I am not sure WHAT to concentrate on for this show.

It is always that struggle for me and for many artists. Do you do what you love, or do you do what you know will sell?! People LOVE landscapes, especially those of the area in which they live. Yet I also want to be true to myself and show my mixed media work...that is very different than the landscapes.

I will probably do both, and cull from that. Since I do both, I am still being true to myself.

Off to finish watching a movie and read some. It has been a trying day.

Patti

No comments:

Google