Thursday, May 8, 2008

Catch Up


Wow, I can't believe it has been this long since I have written.

My life has been taken up with work at school, then work at home. In between all of that is my looking for a car, trying to fix my computer and keep my house in some semblance of cleanliness. I have failed at that.

Spring time is packed with stress for me. The publication of a yearbook for my students , grades, trying to get seniors to graduate, orders, shows, the yard which needs so much work after the long winter.

Yet I feel alive, and rejoice in being able to walk instead of going to the gym. I observe the changing landscape, and the cycle of life.

And this spring I am buying a new car...a hardtop convertible, which when the weather is just right, I can put down and soak up the sunlight, the smell of green, feel the wind on my body.

I do what I can do, and try not to obsess about what I can't. I am awaiting the results of the jury for a show, and keep making art. That is all that counts for me.

Tonight's print is going up on ebay..my ID Catskillpaper of course.

I came across a pair of Mallards on my walk along the rail trial. This print is from the late 1800's and is a chromolithograph. Fabulous.

To spring. Patti

No comments:

Google