Sunday, April 27, 2008

You Can't Win if You Don't Play


I have been working on my pieces for the show "Touched by Cancer" which are due Thursday. So far I have one done and framed, and have to mat/frame the print.The encasutic piece is still in the works, and is more time consuming as it has many parts and layers to it, but I have a few evenings after school to finish things up.

I also submitted work for the Jewish Federation fund raiser "Fall for Art" for the first time. It is a juried show, and I don't know if I will get in, but I figured if I don't submit, I won't get in anyway, so what the heck. I gave them four samples of my painting, and four samples of my mixed media work and I will see how it plays out. I will then have the summer to work on a small body of work that I will show and hopefully sell at the show. If not, that just means that was not the right venue for me to sell at.

It has taken me a long time to become brave enough to start submitting my work to something other than group shows at the local art society. Not to say that all those shows don't count, but I need to reach out beyond that.

I have a trunk show scheduled for June 15Th too, so I have a month and a half to finish works, mat/frame etc. what I have. If I get some time maybe I can get a few more pieces done too.

And, when I feel overwhelmed or frustrated at how little I seem to produce, I remind myself--it all is what it is.

Here's to sticking one's neck out now and again!

Patti

PS Tonight's work was made many years ago..one of my first collage exchanges. Someone bought it, I don't even remember when or who....or for what exchange, but I still enjoy this primordial collage image from time to time!

No comments:

Google