Saturday, September 6, 2008

The Show


It was three 14 hour days in a row. School started, and I had to finish up all the preparations for the show. I ended up getting 14 pieces finished/framed etc., and had a not-quite-full rack of cards.

The show was fabulously well put together. The artists were very cool, as were the sponsors and art patrons. Only thing is, it seemed people were more into the cocktail party aspect of it than buying art.

I did sell a small piece, and some cards, and would consider doing the show again. Often the success of a show is more than the financial profit - many people in the community got to see what I do and I was surprised that my paintings got as much attention as my mixed media works. I felt honored to be there, and it was a fun night.

I have artwork to take to BECKON, and will be preparing for my trunk show at the end of October. That will be my next challenge.

Photo is of the piece that I sold. Titled: She Wears Protection. Mixed Media/Encaustic.

Patti

No comments:

Google