Sunday, September 6, 2009

Paper Art at Paper Trail




I stopped into Paper Trail in Rhinebeck NY with Lois so she could buy her grandchildren gifts. Alanna's birthday is wednesday, and though I had sent off package No. 1 to her, I could not resist a Colorform type toy for her to supplement the clothes and little earrings I was sending.

Their new location, not far from their old one, has given them much more space, and they utilize it for not only merchandise, but for shows of art employing of course, paper.

Currently there is exhibition featuring dresses made of paper; cut up magazines, tissue, and other papers, as well as sculptural relief work made out of books. They were inspiring and it was nice to see a store that was delectible in every way.

The holidays are coming, and perhaps I will do my shopping here. From large sparkling letters for a child's name, to journals, paperweights, cards, and more, it could be one stop shopping for me. Plus, I am giving a local business, not the box stores, my money.

And perhaps one day, I will bring them my portfolio.

Stop in and visit, you won't leave empty handed!

1 comment:

Tangled Stitch said...

Good luck to you and what a fabulous store. I wish I was just a wee bit closer so I could see it in person but perhaps later in the season!

Google