Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Humility

So, after a sale, an invitation to a Christmas show I am thrilled to be in, I was rejected in two other shows. Fortunately last week the universe gave me the hope and elation that ones feels when they sell a piece of art for a good amount of money - hope which will last until the money runs out - which happens when the gas runs out.

I will go up to pick up my rejected works after work and before heading back for parents night, and remember why I keep teaching. It's a steady, predictable source of income, and I have fun doing it too.

But I also love the other side-the crazy, emotional, magical and mystical art ride....and I just have to keep the faith and do the 10,000 hours and be grateful that I live my life in the arts nearly 24/7...and it's all good.

No comments:

Google