Saturday, November 29, 2008

Feeling the Pressure

1936 Mickey Mouse Card on Ebay
Vintage Lindbergh Plane Holiday Card on Ebay
Antique Postcard with Star of David on Etsy (Catskillpaper)
Handmade card on Etsy (Pagibbons)

So the flu took three precious days of production away from me. Now I am stressed to produce as much as I can in the next week for my up coming shows. All four of them in a week.

Fortunately one piece is ready to go in the local ASK show, the other two for the DONSKOJ show just have to be framed (blech-did I ever mention I hate to frame even though I know how to do it professionally?) and I have two craft shows.

"It all is what it is" has become my mantra so that I don't get too excited about it all and work myself into a tizzy.

Over the past few days I have put more things on both of my Etsy sites, and have listed some of my specialty items on eBay. Things like rare holiday cards, a magazine with illustrations by Maxfield Parrish. Ebay or Etsy are not great these days due to the economy, but I am not selling big ticket items, just items that someone will indeed want, and if I sell enough it pays for my Internet for the month, or some of my studio heating bill.

Here are a few pictures of things you can find on Ebay (Catskillpaper ID) or from Etsy, but my links for Etsy are located here on the blog.

Looking for something special? Need a special card or collaged journal? Give me a shout.

My mantra is try and give American Handmade this holiday season. Support the economy by supporting the arts.

Patti

No comments:

Google