Saturday, May 16, 2009

Underpants




Ah, now I have your attention.

If I wrote under paintings, you would be bored. Underpants raise your eyebrow just a bit!

It has been a long time since I have been in the studio. Taxes, trip, life, illness.
I am still not at 100% and have more tests, but I spent some worthy time in the studio, cleaning so that I could paint, and processed some photos I had taken in Spain and yesterday on the way to Bard.

The gesso sketch tonight is an under painting for an oil. The painting will change before it is done, but I like the mood of it right as it is.

I started a sketch for something totally out of my realm, an abstract/surreal painting inspired by an aerial view of Spain. It's one of those paintings that you have no idea where it will end up. It could be an success, or it could be a dud that I will cut up, paint over, or give away. I am so critical that I forget that others might really really love it.

The sketch took a while to do, and I did not think too much about it while abstracting forms and being guided by the muse in what I saw and how I interpreted it. I was able to let go and be guided by the magic. I love that I don't think about it too much, I have many of my 10,000 hours left to figure it out.

Patti

1 comment:

Tangled Stitch said...

I would have read it had it said Underpaintings! What beautiful images and I can't wait to see the finished project. Glad you are feeling better(and I bet you have those 10,000 hours by now you've just started counting them). Happy Painting.

Google