Sunday, October 7, 2007

The Beauty of Kingston

Recently Kingston, NY, made it as one of the top ten cities for an artist to live. I provided the link to the article so that you can see how they arrived at this, but I am proud to live in this amazing little city.

A few hours north of New York City, at the base of the Catskills and the Hudson River, it was the capital before it was moved to Albany, and has fabulous architecture, history and views.

It has three distinct sections; Uptown, Mid Town, and Downtown, each section having its own unique offerings.

Like any other city, it has its problems, but in general I find it a wonderful supportive community, and it has plenty to offer the artist,

This photo was taken from the trolley looking at Kingston Point, where the Rondout Creek flows into the Hudson River. It is splendid. (my other blog talks about this in more detail)

Instead of photographing or drawing, I let the experience soak into my pores and my afternoon will not be forgotten.

Being an artist is not only about making art, but about the art of experiencing, seeing, feeling, smelling, and tasting the world. And I did it all today in a few hours in a little city that is finally getting a little bit of positive press!!!!!

patti
PS thanks Larry for the photograph!!!

No comments:

Google