Thursday, April 30, 2009

Everything is Fodder...

It never ceases to amaze me that anything and everything becomes fodder for one's creativity, I find inspiration in the most unlikely of places.

Today I got a brilliant flash of inspiration after therapy.

I make no bones about it. I have been undergoing therapy for years. And at the age of 50 I found the most amazing therapist, who has allowed me to tell all, in a setting of utmost comfort. She is a wise woman, a sage, a genius, a guide.

I had a really messed up childhood and early adulthood.

I was lucky that I was smart and found a way out of what many would still be mired in.I have forgiven, and I don't have pity parties. But what I want to do is understand why I have done what I have done, and why I do some of the things that I do. In that quest I hope to be able to live my life to the fullest, and be the best human and spiritual being that I can be. I know I can overcome that mountain of dreck, and therapy, as well as art helps me climb it.

I want to get a few bodies of works together ..... each one having a different function.

The landscapes/sky/air shots serve one purpose, and are more easily sold to the public than the other body of work that I want to show. A bank, for example, will want my landscapes. A gallery on the other hand, may be the venue for my deeper, more intellectual work. (not to say that my landscapes aren't intellectual, they are just safer)

Inspired by tonight's session, I plan on calling one of my shows "Screen Memories" based upon the work of Freud.

I have been making "screen shots" of my "screen memories" for years in my mixed media work, never knowing what I was doing. It was subconscious, directed by my muse. The irony is that I have sold more of these personal monographs of my life than I have sold my landscapes. Both come from my heart, but perhaps the personal works reach out to others in a deeper way.

I must get into the studio.
"The time has come" said the walrus
"to speak of other things"....
patti

1 comment:

Tangled Stitch said...

I have been doing therapy for the last few years for some of the same reasons you have. I am also wondering when I will live the life I have imagined and have come up with the answer as soon as I allow myself to. Blessings about your honesty and your artistic journey.

Google