Monday, March 31, 2008

Show on Cancer



I am working in between jobs, taxes, and life, to enter two pieces in a show hosted by our local hospital's Oncology Group which took the most amazing care of my daughter.

I have not entered a show in a long time, but this show is inspiring to me as it is loaded with much personal meaning.

I have the piece done about my father who died when I was 19 of cancer. Diagnosed in late May, died in August. It was a very intense affair; we were not allowed to tell him he had cancer, and I was never able to make peace with a man I hated. Through art I have been able to come to terms with some of this.

The second piece, tonight's work IN PROGRESS, deals with my 24 year old daughter's cancer. She is in remission from LMS and we keep focused on healing and a long life. She is pregnant, (docs are amazed after her chemo and radiation that she was able to conceive) though alone as her husband is in Afghanistan. Needless to say, I travel to Tennessee from NY as much as I can...we don't go much longer than a few months without seeing one another. I am getting child support again. My ex owes me 35,000 and he finally has a job ---- and even though my kids are 24 and 22, it is back money. I am using it to visit Megan, and probably to help my son get his car on the road. I know the universe will give back to me tenfold.

So here is the piece in progress. In the rough, but I am honored to share it with you.

Namaste, Patti

No comments:

Google