Monday, August 4, 2008

A Frederick Church Sky



I am back home from the Cape, and I ended my last night with a walk along Skaket Beach at sun set. Last weeks local paper voted it as one of the best beaches on the Cape to view it, and it indeed was spectacular.

I was graced with many shots of incredible changing cloud formations in colors ranging from the palest of blues to the rich golds and dark purples of the fading light.

I have so many cloud studies now that I think I should just proceed to print up a few dozen, and start to do a series of paintings. One or two does not a series make.

I thought of Frederick Church's intense paintings of the sun setting in the Hudson Valley, and thus I posted this.... as the poetry at the end of a beautiful day ala Church.

Life is beautiful. (A MUST SEE MOVIE)

Patti

No comments:

Google