Sunday, January 18, 2009

Busy in the Listing Room

An Anti-Valentine


After this weekend's sales, you would not think we were in a bad economy. Of course, my biggest sales on Ebay came from Finland and Italy, where their social and economic structure may be a bit different. I sold a 57.oo on a die cut that I was going to use on a greeting card, which blew my mind. It is a third of a tank of gas for the studio however, and I am not complaining.

I have spent most of my time the last few days making cards, and listing collectibles and papers on Ebay and Etsy, as well as listing my cards on my Etsy art site. I have to hussle as I have bills to pay. Tomorrow I have off and I am thinking that I will spend most of the day in the studio, and MAYBE even bring out the paints.

Painting is such a pain when you are only grabbing an hour or two here and there. That is why I love to take classes, as I am forced to paint a minimum of 6 hours under the tutelage of a master painter. I want to sign up for a class at the end of next month, but can only do it if I earn enough money to pay for it. At least I have the canvases and the paints.

Here are a few cards that I made on my pagibbons Etsy site. Valentine's Day is right around the corner, so I am trying to catch some of that business. After that is Easter, but that is not a big holiday for me, so I guess I will keep cleaning out the studio to sell what others covet, and I will then spend some time painting.

Hope you are warm and dry. It is still snowing again. I think it is the third sunday in a row I have not made it to yoga class...as we are still snowed in at 10 am.

patti

No comments:

Google