Thursday, January 31, 2008

The Rescue


This is another one of the encaustic pieces I did at Annie's house last week. Titled The Rescue, it was literally a rescue, of a page from an old 1800's children's book. The page had been ripped, and had been lovingly sewn together in rough stitches. I have to figure out how to mount or frame this piece. Annie has used wooden boxes to mount her works. I found one for my other piece which I posted a few days ago, so maybe I will get lucky and find one for this.

The title was also inspired by an email from a friend about Bernie Berlin, an artist friend who has been raising money to build a shelter-check out her website A PLACE TO BARK Bernie has been rescuing dogs for as long as I have known her. She has dedicated her life to saving the lives of many, many animals. Donations are readily welcomed, and I encourage you to visit her website and her blog, and donate of course.

Off to figure out how to make a donation......

patti

No comments:

Google