Sunday, October 5, 2008

A Gad About Town


It has been a long time since I have spent time doing the gallery opening circuit. I have either been away, or had another event to attend, so this month's show at ASK was the first time in ages since I have been out, or put art into a show.

The other day I headed downtown to deliver my landscapes for the Plein Air show at ASK, and ran into another gallery owner. Upon seeing me, he asked me if I wanted to be in a Holiday Show at his gallery. I was delighted, as I like the gallery and the people who run it.

Then I went to the opening for the show last night, and saw many artists whom I have not seen in a long time.

My postcards are in and I found myself also talking about my future show and handing out cards. The toughest part of this job is marketing myself in a way that I am comfortable, yet effective. (however I generally trust in the universe to provide me with exactly what I need-no more, no less). I tried to be subtle and tell only people who might be interested in seeing what I do, and I do have a few collectors of my cards, and the occasional art pieces.

Anyway, if you get a chance, check out the Plein Air show at the ASK gallery on lower Broadway in Kingston, NY. Tonight's artwork was a piece that I painted very freely as the sun was setting and blinding me on the banks of the Hudson at Clermont. I love this painting, and I lovingly matted and framed it. I will be so glad to have it in my house when the show comes down. I also have an acrylic painting/sketch I did at Olana. It is full of line, color, and mood. That too will find a nice spot in my house. That is, unless it sells.

Patti

No comments:

Google