Monday, October 27, 2008

Show Report



And a good time was to be had by all.

We had a nice turnout in spite of the weather. It was more of a party than an opening, reminiscent of the openings at Studio 8 when Lois and I had the gallery.

It is always nice to have my friends come out and support me and local business, and to spend time chatting with them.

Two young women came from an hour away, not knowing we were having an opening, but they said they had such a great time shopping. I am sure they will be back.

I made enough money to keep my studio heated for a few more months; just the thought of closing it down makes me sad. I like having everything in there, including the paints, ready for me when I have some time to work.

My next big event is Unison in early December. From today on I will be in production for that show. I have nothing made yet, but I am sure if I put in an hour or two a day, I will be fine.

I did not sell any large pieces. Items 20.00 and under sold easily. The paintings may sit for a while. Who has an extra 50-500.00 sitting around. Most of my friends don't. Though I will bring some of my artwork to Unison, I will concentrate of pieces less than 50.00...small works that I can easily frame.

Cards flew out the door. Two out of three journals sold as well as a few of my altered antique photographs.

Thanks to you all who came, and for those who don't live nearby me, I have two Etsy shops: Catskillpaper and Pagibbons. Keep checking back every week for new items to be listed!

patti

No comments:

Google