Saturday, June 20, 2009

The Economy Crunch


Today I had to pick up four paintings and a bunch of cards from Beckon, a local shop that sells hand made crafts and art. Run by the amazing Maryanne Bonito, she had no choice but to close when the landlord raised her rent another 300.00 a month. In this economy I am surprised that the landlord did that, and unless he/she has other plans as I think that they will have a hard time renting it out; it is too much money for the location.

The good news is that Maryanne is looking at a place in Saugerties, about 20 minutes north of Kingston. A little town 15 minutes from Woodstock, and about 30 from Hudson, which has lovely shops, a coffee art/music shop, great restaurants, and other cool places to explore.

My client has all but officially dropped me as her greeting card designer; she still owes me a bit of money and I want to ask her why she no longer orders.

I have been selling some of my paper collection on eBay and Etsy, but few sales.
I am at a dead end as to how to raise money for my art business....

I am not quitting the day job...for a very long time.

So..my blog readers, check out my links for my two Etsy stores, and I will give you 25% off should you want to order. Just convo/email me, and I will send you an adjusted invoice. Interested in anything? MAKE ME AN OFFER that won't insult me, lol.

Off to list more cards on the pagibbons Etsy site....you just never know...and I refuse to give up!

No comments:

Google