Saturday, June 6, 2009

More Layers and No Show


Here is another photo of my newest painting in progress. One of my friends commented on Facebook about it, saying that she thought it was my calling, these landscape paintings. I think she may be right. It has been what I love to do for some 30+ years, and am returning to the medium and subject matter that I loved so well before my father died, before the rejections and disasters in my life.

I have put all of that mostly behind me, torn down many of the walls that kept me from having joy and faith in what I love...

I have the third layer down on the sky and made it much more subtle and much less pink. The mountains and water still need work, I will finish today and then decide where to go from there. I try not to get too hung up on making it perfect. I have decided that like life events, each painting serves a purpose and a lesson, whether it be in expression, in color, in light, in composition. When I have learned the lesson or worked the issue out, I consider it done and move onto the next. I do have a few paintings which I need to work up a bit more in order to be "sale worthy" in my eyes, but once tweaked I will move on from that.....to the next adventure.

I have also decided not to enter the Hudson River Landscape show. I need another 25.00 to enter. Instead, I am going to invest that money into more canvases and keep painting; hopefully I will get enough for a show someday.

Off to do my chores before Tom comes to do MORE construction on the house. I am getting tired of it all....and hope SOON it will be done. It's too much dirt/noise in my world for me.

patti o

No comments:

Google