Monday, July 6, 2009

Active Members Jurying Today

For any of you who belong to the Woodstock Arts Association/Museum, this afternoon is the drop off for jurying for the pick of new "Active Members".

You can become an active member one of two ways; your portfolio of 6 pieces is put up for review, or else you have to be accepted into 4 shows in two years. I figure it will take me the two years to do it, but since Loel is insisting that I at least submit 6 pieces and see what happens, I am going to be daring and make the trip and do it. The worst thing is that I am rejected, something artists get used to I am told. My skin is getting thicker.

The advantage of being an active member...more shows that your work gets into, more opportunities to be seen and known. It all is what it is.....nothing more, nothing less. You can't win if you don't play, blah blah blah.

So off to the studio to pick 6 cohesive pieces which will somehow fit together. I am choosing my collage pieces as I don't have enough of a series of oils yet to submit.
If I get rejected, then perhaps I can try with those the next time.

Will let you know!

patti

No comments:

Google