Thursday, September 27, 2007

Edward Gorey




A quick post as I have to get ready for work. It hard to keep up with two blogs as my schedule is so full. I work teaching art a good part of the day, and after I get home I have to fit in my social and art life, and whatever else has to be done. I use up every single moment and make the most of every second.


Over the weekend I visited the Edward Gorey House in Yarmouthport, Massachusetts. Full of his books, objects gathered from various sources such as garage sales and gifts, artwork, displays, AND a wonderful gift shop.
The house was lovingly run by two jovial men, complete with a docent who gave one a brief tour if you so desired. Oh, and the cat who needs to be named. A 20+ lb cat!
Today's photos are of a few displays set up in the house. I will post more later or tomorrow, but I thought how appropriate for the Halloween season. I already have my two Gorey cardboard cut-outs on my mantle, complete with skulls, candles, and orange lights.
The Gorey house was right up our alley in regards to twisted humor, books, and art.
Till the next post! Patti

No comments:

Google