Sunday, July 22, 2007

Easing Back In

I actually got into the studio today to work for four plus hours. It seems like weeks since I had been in there for any solid amount of time, and I needed to get reacquainted with my space.

When I have not been in there on a steady basis, I just can't just walk into my studio and start working; I need to walk around, sweep, turn on the music, sort through my things, finish up a few projects that are lying around, and then start to ease myself into the heavier things like finishing up work, painting, or starting a new piece. After a while things start to happen, and sometimes I get on a roll and I can't stop. The muse comes to visit and ideas and work gush out of me.

It was such a beautiful day, and I left the door open so that I felt like the outdoors was one with my studio. My neighbor was having a big party in his back yard. I could smell the barbecue and wished that I could sneak in, load up a plate of food, and leave. I just recently walked outside again, and the party has grown louder, as the drinks have been flowing freely for a few hours I am sure

This little collage is one of my obelisk series. I dreamt that obelisks would come to kill me at night out of an inky blue sky. The images are still burned in my head.

I don't know how I will show this strange little body of work, not to be understood completely without knowing me and the tales that go with them. But then again, does it really matter???

Patti

No comments:

Google