Thursday, July 19, 2007

Taking ANOTHER Break

I have been away and not had a chance to sketch or paint as I have been helping my sister out with her young children. I have not been in the studio much at all, but find the time that I spend musing about my life and my art quite beneficial in deciding my next path. And, they say you need to spend 30% or your art time doing business, so this I guess is part of my 30% - reflection time.

When I think back to the time I was raising two young children as a mostly single parent, I find it amazing that I ever managed to make any art at all

I remember kitchen counters covered with projects, airbrushing my children's clothing line when Megan was napping, making jewelry into the wee hours of the night.

I wish I still had some of the stamina I had in my 20's. I don't seem to have that now. Sleep comes early, and I run out of steam around 5 PM.

I have had some time to think about where I want to go with my art and have decided that in order to get my art out to a larger market I am going to have to take some financial risks and invest in my art and in myself. And now I can do that without taking food out of my children's mouths as for the most part they are feeding their own.

I have a card design which I think rocks and will sell well..... and I won't say more in case anyone else gets the idea and runs with it which has happened countless times to me.

I have to do a bit more research, and then invest in the printing of 100 or so, and find my audience and market the design. That may include hitting the streets of New York and other cities, but its all one huge adventure, and I LOVE ADVENTURE.

To the power of positive thinking and success!!!

Patti

2 comments:

MB Shaw said...

Woo hoo for good ideas. You go girl!

Judy Vars said...

Patti,
Are you selling anything on e-bay currently?
Judy

Google