Saturday, August 18, 2007

Bridal Shower Project

A quick blog while I wait for the water to boil for the Pesto Pasta I am making for the shower, along with the other salads I am bringing.

The girls did not get any little "bridal favors" so I had a day to whip something up using whatever materials I had at hand. I did not have a lot of time to do this as so much else is going on, but I found some little muslin bags, had a pound of lavender, (both from the Atlantic Spice Company which is located almost to Provincetown on the Cape and is on the Internet too I am sure..). I found some rubber stamps. Great, the fine detail ones would not stamp on the rough muslin. I came across some Chinese word stamps that were thicker in design and stamped two words with fabric ink.

I think hot glued charms underneath, made a tag on the computer using an antique image of two lovers, and translated the words on the bag "Love and Happiness".

Placed inside of one of my display baskets, it all smells and looks sweet.

Voila. Some of my favorite challenges are the ones that are done on short notice and with limited materials and limited time.

Martha-I may have failed housekeeping school, but I did NOT get this out of your magazine, LOL.
xxpatti

No comments:

Google