Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Under Pressure



I joined a swap for the Fatbook Into the Woods. I have been doing swaps for years, and love the challenge of a topic. It pushes me beyond my comfort zone, and the deadline forces me to make a new piece of art. Some of my best work has been done this way and I am grateful for the wonderful yahoo art groups out there who support and inspire my creativity.

Since I could not get into the studio to make this piece due to having to watch my 3 year old granddaughter, I had to do it digitally. The collage was done in photoshop and is composed of a photograph, and scans of antique illustrations of mushrooms and a young girl. Of course, there are special affects and filters added on too.

The back page of the book is two photos, one is of the woods and one of me, with an exerpt from the poem Into the Woods.

I had fun, I hope my fellow swapees enjoy it as much. Now I just have to print them up and cut them and send them out. Deadline: 2 days. BYE!!!

Patti

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! (I ended up doing mine on the computer, too . . . this has been such a disorganized summer.)

Anonymous said...

Very cool! I am not in this book but would have loved to receive a page like that.

Beautiful!

Google