Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Fishkill Design Shop



A few weeks ago I stopped into Suite Designs in Fishkill New York. Located on Route 9D right near the Dutchess Stadium, home of the Renegades, it is run by Jacklyn and Ann Marie Faust. It is more than a shop to buy fabric, rugs and other decorative items for your home; I found lovely necklaces, a set of wine charms (which I have been looking for as a gift for a dear friend) lamps, and artwork, many made by Hudson Valley artisans.

Amoung the artists featured in this shop are Carol Pepper-Cooper and Stacie Flint , two delightful artists whom I have met at many of our local art openings here in the Hudson Valley.

I strongly believe in supporting small local businesses especially those who promote local artists, rather put my money into the box stores of corporate America.

So stop by and say hi if you live in the area, and check out the wonderful fabrics, furniture, rugs, wools, jewelry, glass vases, and other lovely items for your home or for gifts. It is a treat!

No comments:

Google